Women in Islam.

We usually think that women in Islam have no rights or status. In reality, Islam, before any society, was the first to grant women rights. Islam is progressive in its thinking compared to the society of the time from which it came. Islam grants women, as it does men, fundamental rights to life, property, and opinion, and has done so for more than 14 centuries.

Since men and women have been created from one origin and one entity, neither of them can claim superiority over each other.  They have been created from the same source and so their essence is the same.  This is reinforced in the Qur’an many times to ensure humankind is aware that both are equal in the eyes of God.

So I did a little research and it surprised me how easy it was to find women in my faith, in Islam, who were innovative and strong in many ways. Politically, in education and even in military. We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for any of those women. So why aren’t we learning about these women and the role of women in Islam?

women-in-islam-jpeg

Photo by: Google

Islam was the first religion and society to grant women such rights and gave them the power to maintain their identity in the early 7th century. Whether a woman is a mother, wife, sister or daughter, she receives a certain share of her deceased relative’s property depending on her degree of relationship to the deceased and the number of heirs. While many societies around the world denied women inheritance, Islam assured women this right.

It is a myth that Islam does not allow Muslim women to have a professional career. The Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) first wife, Khadija (May Allah swt be pleased with her), was a very successful and esteemed business woman in Arabia in the 6th century. She was delicate, intelligent and sharp. Her business was larger than all of the Quraysh trades combined and the most acclaimed with a reputation of fair-dealing and high-quality goods.

The first instruction in the Qur’an was, not to pray or fast or to give Zakat, but to read. This instruction was to both male and female.

The first and foremost example is that of Aisha (May Allah swt be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). She had profound knowledge of medicine and even guided Sahabah who sought her advice on different matters. After the death of prophet, men and women would travel to learn from her because she was considered as a great scholar of Islam. She was among the great hafiz (memorizers) of Hadith and had narrated 2210 Hadith in all.

Among the early Muslims, women were active participants in the unified functioning of the society. Women expressed their opinions freely and their opinions were actively sought. During the battles, women nursed the wounded and some even participated in the battlefield. One of the most distinguished women who took part in the battle of Uhud, if not the most distinguished of them, was Nusaybah bint Ka’ab al-Maziniyyah, Umm ‘Umarah (May Allah swt be pleased with her). She’s the first woman warrior of Islam.

At the beginning of the battle, she was bringing water and tending the wounded, as the other women were doing.

When the battle was going in favour of the Muslims, the archers disobeyed the command of the Prophet (pbuh), and this turned the victory into defeat, as the Qur’aan described it.

At this point, Nusaybah went forward, with her sword unsheathed and her bow in her hand, to join the small group who were standing firm with the Prophet, acting as a human shield to protect him from the arrows of the non-believers. Every time danger approached the Prophet she hastened to protect him. Subhaanallah!

In Islam, the woman has a noble and significant task entrusted to her by Allah Almighty, childbearing and motherhood. Not to mention the status of a woman is such a high status that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) stated “Paradise lies at the feet of the mother.”

Islam also sees the birth of a baby girl as a blessing as opposed to a burden.

In Arabia, before the advent of Islam, the birth of a female child was regarded as a great misfortune and a shame, and cruel fathers buried them alive. Unfortunately similar sentiments still exist in some parts of the Asian sub-continent.

Often non-Muslim commentators equate this practice with Islamic values and practices but in reality, there is only condemnation for any such behavior.

Islam sees the birth of a girl as a time to rejoice and in celebration of womanhood and those who teaches them good manners and morals, and arranges their marriages and treat their daughters kindly with respect are guaranteed paradise

As a young Muslim woman, I’m very proud of my faith. But I can’t overlook the damage that has been done in the name of religion. The misrepresentation, misuse, and manipulation of religious scripture has influenced our daily lives. The widespread misconception in the West is that women have no rights in Islam and are nothing but mere objects. Sadly, there is lack of awareness within some Muslim communities, as well.

Yes! It’s true that there are many Muslim countries that seemingly oppress women, and the blame is placed on the religion of Islam. However, we, as a progressive and educated society, need to understand that such faults lie with the humans and not the religion.

I cannot even come close to covering all stories in regards to specific rights for women mentioned in the Qur’aan in one article. There are plenty of them out there.

Guys! I hope that reading this will be as useful for you, as writing it was for me.

Do leave your opinions in the comments. I’ll see y’all in my next post. 😌

29 thoughts on “Women in Islam.

1. Shreya says:

It was all so very rightly said although I didn’t know that muslim women are given rights according to Quran.
    There isn’t any problem with any religion. The problem lies within us, who interpret it our way.👍👍

2. Hijabi Mentat says:

Great post. Indeed, Islam guarantees the rights of women as it does that of the men, the young, the old, the poor, and the rich. In Islam, justice is distributive in nature. Our challenge as humans lies in implementing justice in a comprehensive and efficient manner.

3. Siri says:

Hey,
    Awesome post, gave me a new perspective and knowledge.
    I love your blog because of this perspective and knowledge that no one I know can give me. Thank you!

4. Minnu says:

Many thanks to your comment! 😌
    It’s tough sometimes to talk/write openly about such touchy subjects. But people like you gives me the motivation to put whatever knowledge I’ve into words.

5. Minnu says:

Appreciate your comment. 😌Very true indeed! The problem lies within the people and their perception. And people talk whatever they wish to because they lack the knowledge about it. But once you start researching and studying about Islam, you’ll find how beautiful is this religion. Maasha Allah!

6. meohsohappy says:

Women in Islam are not allowed to seek important medical treatment, have custody of their children, travel, dress how they want, travel, marry who they want, get a fair trial. interact with men, they inherit only half , they are second class citizens completely subservient to the man. No disrespect intended but let us speak truth.

7. Minnu says:

Thank you for commenting. In order to give a reply to your comment I feel like I don’t need to be smart but only to be kind and I just need to make sense.
Muslim women prefer to have same gender doctors and nurses in order to follow rules of modesty in regard to the opposite sex.
And coming to child custody, it’s not fostered on gender but it’s based on the capability and suitability of the parent. And that is, which parent is better prepared to raise the children. When parents cannot agree on settling the issue of custody, then in most cases, the father would obtain custody of the children.
Again, this is conditional based on the premise that the father was religious and morally qualified. Otherwise, the children may remain with the mother, and the father must continue to financially support his children.
It’s among many of the myths that it’s not permitted for a Muslim woman to travel alone. Who says Muslim women isn’t allowed to travel? That’s so incorrect.
A Muslim woman can travel without a man long with her too. If having a man along with her makes her feel safer, then great. But there’s no requirement to do so as long as she feels safe alone. And I think the important thing to point out here is, it’s not just because she’s a Muslim woman. Even if she’s a non-Muslim and if she’s not feeling safe to travel alone, then obviously she’ll take a man along with her. Be it her husband, brother or her father. So we must not just point out and say “Muslim women aren’t allowed to travel!”
The next point you mentioned was the dressing. In the recent years, a great attention has been drawn to the dressings of Muslim women suggesting that it’s demeaning and controlling. But all these controversies stems largely from a misconception regarding the reasons behind Islamic dressing rules.
In reality, Islamic dressing rules are based on minimum requirements and driven out of simple modesty and a desire not to draw individual negative attention. The dressing requirements of Islam are not to be meant to be restrictive. In fact most Muslims who dress modestly do not find it impractical in any way, and they are able to easily continue with their activities in all levels and walks of life.
It’s high time to banish the idea of the “oppressed” Muslim women.
My faith teaches that modesty is the best jewel of a woman. Isn’t it beautiful that a woman has it all to but doesn’t flaunt it out of respect for herself and to god?
About marriage, it just requires the mutual consent of a couple. Muslim men and women can marry whomever they chose.
Long story short, it’s important to understand that the religion of Islam and the cultural difference are two very different factors.
There are many misconceptions surrounding women’s rights in Islam. Even in Muslim countries, people do unjust to women and the blame is placed on Islam. We need to understand that it’s not the fault of the religion. It’s the fault of us, human.
I could keep on going but let’s end it here.
Hope I didn’t give away too much. 😁

8. meohsohappy says:

Thank you for your response. I am curious whether you are western born or from a Muslim country where Sharia is Law? I think we both know that, in the west, Muslim born women have it much easier than those born in countries where Sharia is law of the land? But the point is, is the law of the Quran, and if you believe the Quran and the Hadith are the word of Allah then you must believe and desire to follow Sharia. The Quran telling women to keep covered and out of sight of men is not honoring women. There is something about that statement that feels very demeaning Primary Muslim countries, for example, are the only countries that did not sign The Hague Convention.(Which protects the abduction of women and children) Meaning, if a Muslim man marry an American women and they have an American child, the father can take (abduct) the child to a Muslim country and there is nothing American or international laws can do. This happens all the time now, to western born women. In primary Muslim countries, women cannot travel out alone if their husbands say they cannot (even if they are not happy or abused,) they may not divorce, but the man may divorce them and keep children, I mean no disrespect, so I hope you don’t take it that way, I’m just pointing out truth. Women are 1/2 the value of men. I know that American born women don’t have it that bad, but the point is, is that this is the law, Islamic Law. I am a Christian and I agree with you regarding dress and modesty. I was traveling in London and went into a health club, what you say about being able to do everything in the clothing you wear to keep modest, was unbelievable. These poor women were doing a tread mill with abaya, hijab and Burqa. Very dangerous. There is no way you can make a point that you can do everything in these garments. There are many more ways to be “modest” that are far more respectful; these garments are oppressive. It isn’t happening in western world because covering your face in most of the western world is illegal for security reasons. In the Christian faith men are also spoken of as the “head” which I totally agree with, but it also says that they are to love their wives as they love their own bodies. I know that the west has gotten so far off of what our Lord wants us to be but we are called to love everyone, be patient, kind, modest, forgiving, and do for others as we would want done unto us.We are to attract people to our faith by example, not force. We have veered far from our Lords commands. I do pray for Muslim women which is why I commented on your post. I do not judge you, (not that you care) but I do pray that you would know true freedom to love and be loved with respect. I think we both know that if the west were ever to adapt to Sharia Law, which is what all of Islam is trying to do, things would drastically change for the west. Thats a whole other topic. Question: what would happen to women, non muslim, women? If Allah loved and cherished women these atrocities would never happen. My God loves and cherishes all women and desires them to be honored above all. May God bless you and keep you.

9. Minnu says:

I was born and raised as a Muslim. Alhamdhlihllaahi. It would be great if you could read the rest of my response in an open mind. 🙂
    The one thing I don’t understand is why people assume that covering a woman’s body is a shame and dishonor for a woman. There are many advantages and wisdom of wearing a hijab or covering the body.
    Wearing a hijab protects women from misdeed and harm. Particularly from sexual abuse and harassment, which are common in societies nowadays. This’s one of the benefits of wearing it.
    Often labeled as oppressive, many fail to realize that the hijab truly empowers every female with the ability to control how she’s treated and respected in the society and her safety.
    Jewish, Christian and Hindu women have also covered their head at various times in history and in different parts of the world. Didn’t they? Why wouldn’t you say that it’s demeaning them too?
    We live in a strange society where walking around half naked is acceptable but being modest and covering up is frowned upon.
    I’m an active student who participates in all sorts of college and volunteer activities. My hijab has never stopped me from doing anything.
    I’ve also seen Muslim women going to the gym regularly wearing something comfortable that doesn’t violate the Islamic dress code. Some even attend a women-only gym. It’s not a big deal.
    Various styles of dresses and hijabs are worn all over the world and this is fine as long as the conditions of hijab are met. About covering the face, muslim women cover their faces because they choose to. In Islam it’s not mandatory to cover the face. But the whole body except both hands and the face. To think that Muslim women need to be saved from their religion is a simplistic view. It also overlooks the fact that Muslim women, not to mention Muslim feminists proudly practice their faith while battling gender stereotypes that others try to impose them.
    Yeah. There you go. “American and international laws”. You said it to yourself. It’s not how it is in Islamic law. I’ve already mentioned how it is in Islamic law in my previous response. It’s the culture traditions that should be blamed and not Islam. Whatever actions we, humans take or do, the blame shouldn’t be on Islam.
    I’m once again adding this point here in the end. We, as a progressive and educated society, need to understand that such faults lie with the humans and not the religion. Islam guarantees the rights of women as it does for men. If people had studied about it, they wouldn’t say that Islam is demeaning, dishonoring or making women inferior.
    You may have not pointed out this particular point. But I still would like to highlight this here.
    Islam is not a violent religion. Yes, there are a number of violent extremists groups acting in the name of Islam, but not every Muslim can or should have to answer that.
    I really respect and love all people but my religion goes first.
But also I want to share a little story with you.
When a funeral procession passed in front of Mohammed (pbuh), he stood up. His companions asked him what he was doing, saying, “but this man was a Jew, not a Muslim.” Mohammed (pbuh) responded to them by saying: “ Was he not a human being?” Respect, compassion and peace is the message from this story.
    If this is not “love, patience, kind,modest, forgiving” then I don’t know what is.
    About force and compulsion. Here’s a well-known verse of Qur’aan that clearly says that there’s no compulsion in religion.
    “There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.” -Al-Baqara 256.
    There’s no compulsion in religion. Meaning, do not force anyone to become Muslim, for Islam is plain and clear, and it’s proofs and evidence are plain and clear.
    Due to birth and conversion rates, Islam is considered to be the fastest growing religion in the world today.
    I could actually keep going on replying to your every response. But it would only make sense if you’d think about it with an open mind and actually study about Islam before saying “anything” about this religion.
    Don’t get me wrong. This is just a healthy conversation. Have a good day! 🙂

10. meohsohappy says:

Reading your response, I can sense that your heart is good. I appreciate your willingness to share. I hope that by sharing verses with me you do not take offense for me to share with you what I have found? I desire honesty above all things. I love Muslims I love all people.
    Before examining any religion we are told to look at the prophets. We cannot use random scriptures because by taking them out of context we cannot get a full picture reading them together with other scripture lets us examine the “fruits” which we are called to do in scripture. I wont mention other religions, many are peaceful because we have lived together peacefully for centuries. We’ll just examine Christianity vs. Islam. Mohammed, Jesus . I think we can both see the differences between the two men. I wont list the “sins” I don’t want to offend the name of Muhammed in anyway (I pray he is resting peacefully in heaven.) I am just asking to look truthfully at the lives of both men. I think we know based on history what the life of Jesus was like? He gave His life willingly that we could all know forgiveness, freedom, and love.
    You mentioned Al Baqara 256, I would like to look at the topic of salvation in Islam I read that Islam offers no means to assured salvation or forgiveness of sins or even the assurance that you will go to “paradise” al Tawban 9:102 al Nahl 16:61 (unless you die for Allah.) Those who kill for the sake of furthering Islam are guaranteed paradise. Muhammed, wrote “Nor do I know what will be done with me or you, al Ahqaf 46:9, Bakhari 5:58.266,2:23,334, 9:87,145
    You mention no compulsion in religion however, for centuries and even in modern times we see violence and killing of innocents who are non Muslim and even their own people. Muhammed said, “if somebody disregards his religion, kill him” Bukhari 4″52.260, 559.632, 9:83.17, 9:84.57
    Islam does not tolerate freedom of religion al Tawbah 9:5, 11,12,29 al Baqarah 2:217, an Nisa 4:89, al Maidah 5:33
    Muhammed said purge Arabia of all non muslims Bukhari 4:52 288, 5:59 716. There are no Christian churches in SA it is not permitted.
    Muhammad also said, “I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say “none has the right to be worshiped but Allah”. Bukhari 4:52, 196, 496, 1:8 392 etc. This is why jihad is said to be the religious duty of all Muslims jihad does not mean “inner struggle” as it is being told. Those who raise jihad, rank highest in Islam. 2% of jihad in the Quran is about inner struggle, 98% are about violent jihad.
    Many people do not talk about the different classes of people mentioned in the Quran. Where infidels are said to be “the vilest of animals al Anfal 8:55 “vilest of creatures” al Bayyinah 98:6 Jews being transformed into apes al Bagarah 2:65 Jews and Christians are swine, al Maidah 5:59.60 exterminate Jews Bukhari 4:52.177
    Jesus, offers salvation, and no matter what, Jesus offers forgiveness of sins. Jesus never taught violence, only love, for ALL people, especially those that do not know Him.
    Muslims are not permitted to have non muslim friends, (I mean close friends, real friends) Al Imran 3:28.118 an Nisa 4:89
    A few things that people in the west don’t really know about, because most Muslims are kind, are free speech and thought.
    Sharia does not allow free speech.( considered blasphemy) We are seeing that now in the west. Islam may criticize Christianity, offend us, take our culture from us, take our rights to worship, but no-one is allowed to say anything against Islam or he will be silenced, even to death. Muhammad urged his Muslim followers to kill his critics for him in order to silence them, and praised them for doing it afterwards. This led to the assassination of Asma’ bint Marawan (a mother of five children) while she was nursing her baby home (A. Guilaune, The Life of Muhammad, pp. 675-676), 120-year-old Abu Afak (Ibn-Sa’d, Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, vol. 2, Trans. S. Moinul, p. 31), Kaab ibn al-Ashraf (Buchari 5.59.369; Muslim 19.4436), Abu Rafi Salaam (Bukhari 5.59.371)
    We in the west are beginning to see the effects of the inability to ask questions. Any rational thinking or questioning that concludes a negative aspect of Islam from present day or the past, is considered offensive or “Islamophobic”.
    President George Washington said, “If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
    ( Nothing in the world happens by accident God works ALL things together for His good. Islam exposure to the west is no accident. People can believe that they will have the victory here and ultimately impose Sharia, I don’t believe that this is the reason. I believe that many will be made free by exposure to God.)
    The Bible is full of events over the centuries that deal with Islam. First it was Babylon, which Nebuchanezzer actually repented to God after 7 years. Then you have Mede Persians, Egypt, Palestine Arabs, Ottoman, and now Islam. Its not the first battle God has had with these, He calls them enemies. But He never attacked them without them attacking His people first.
    Most of the Bible prophecy has passed everything has been done. The Bible says that many many will fall away. He tells us that even some of his own people, their hearts will wax cold. I think we can see that in the west, its crazy and unsettling.
    I know in my heart we will see the end soon. Whether you believe that I cant say. I know for you it means that you will see the annihilation of the Jews, but as a Christian believe that. The reason is because of history. All you have to do is look at history to see God’s sovereign protection of the Jews. They should have been gone by now, but Israel is still here.
    Prophecy said that the Muslims and Christians (would make a peace agreement) they did that on Tues. The next is Russia to meet with Turkey. They are doing that on Feb. 14. It’s all coming to pass just as it was written over 3000 years ago. In Joel 2:31 Acts 2:20 Revelation 6:12 Regarding the return of Jesus being soon. (this particular text Rev. was written 100 AD by Jesus’ disciple Paul.)” “the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the great and terrible Day of the Lord” This is spoke about 3 separate times over 3000 years ago in 2 instances by 3 different people. The “blood”lunar eclispe took place on Jan 20-21 2019. Christians know this means Jesus is coming back to earth to get His people. He is a great and peaceful God, but when he comes back he is going to avenge all the saints that suffered for his name.

11. Minnu says:

Well, nice to see you here again.
    But I would kindly request you not to state the surah names and versus from just any sources. Because there’s no credibility in what you have stated.
    Have a read through this verse.
    “And [there are] others who have acknowledged their sins. They had mixed a righteous deed with another that was bad. Perhaps Allah will turn to them in forgiveness. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.”At-Tawbah 9:102.
    How clearly said. Allah swt is indeed the most forgiving and the most merciful.
    God has created us with free will to make our own decisions.
    It’s just about which path we choose and for the people who chose the right path and follow the sunnah of Muhammad (pbuh) is gonna benefit in the hereafter.
    In Islam belief cannot be forced upon people, rather it must come by conviction and acceptance.
    “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error.” Qur’an )Surah al-Baqarah: 256)
    The plan of Allah Swt for you is important to the world because Allah swt created nothing in vain. Look at His creation. Everything has a purpose, from the sun that heats our world, to the bacteria that consume waste.
    Yes, no one knows what’s going to happen after death.
    Allah Swt mentioned in the Qur’an that Mohammed (pbuh) as a human being just like us. And it has also mentioned that Allah Swt forgave his past and future sin and mentioned in the Qur’an that he is the best human ever emerged for humanity. Maasha Allah.
    As a Muslim, a person is required to keep the Five Pillars of Islam in an effort to please Allah and attempt to obtain eternal life. In the Qur’an, it teaches, “To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward”
    Above all Islam teaches us that God is the most forgiving, and will go on forgiving, repeatedly. Part of being human is making mistakes. Sometimes the mistakes are made without deliberation or a bad intention, but sometimes we knowingly and deliberately sin and do wrong to others. Therefore as human beings, we are constantly in need of forgiveness.
    Throughout the Quran, God continually asks us to turn to Him in repentance and ask for His forgiveness. This is the road to salvation. This is our rescue from destruction.
    Quran is not only a book of guidance, it’s a book of hope. In it God’s love, mercy, and forgiveness are obvious and thus humankind is reminded not to give in to despair. No matter what sins a person may have committed if he resolutely turns to God, seeking forgiveness his salvation is assured.
    About jihad, the real meaning of jihad is strive and struggle. You’ve also stated about fighting and killing. Islam doesn’t encourage fighting.
    Islam is a practical faith that permits self-defence in certain strict situations. In Qur’an, it has clearly stated the story of addressing fighting for the very first time, permitting Muslims to fight in self-defence. Additionally, Quran 2:193-194 declares that Muslims may only fight active combatants. Meaning, even if during battle an enemy combatant asks for amnesty, you must grant it.
    The permission given in Quran 22:40-41 to fight was only given to “those against whom war is waged.” And fighting wasn’t just to defend Muslims from persecution but to defend Christians, Jews, and people of all faiths. All subsequent verses addressing fighting are pre-conditioned on these clearly outlined rules of self-defense.
    The concept of jihad has been hijacked by many political and religious groups over the ages in a bid to justify various forms of violence. The Quran permits killing terrorists in self-defence because they have waged pre-emptive war against you, or against Christians, Jews, or people of any faith. Yet, even then, if terrorists desist, the Quran forbids aggression against them. This teaching is not mere theory, it’s Islamic history.
    You have said that, “for centuries and even in modern times we see violence and killing of innocents who are non Muslim and even their own people.”
    Why did you ignore the international arms trade from powerful western nations that wholly disregards human rights and has caused the death of more than 60,000 children in Yemen? Why ignore the fact that as Somalians suffer a massive famine? You’ve ignored them as you’ve ignored the Syrian crisis for the last several years.
    I would appreciate it if you could watch this video.

Of course freedom of speech is allowed in Islam. But mocking religions, values , individuals etc, was never considered freedom in the Islamic prospective.
    Jesus (pbuh) is a honorable Prophet and Messenger of God, as well as the Messiah, but Muslims do not worship him as worship is for God alone who created Jesus and everything that exists.
    If I’m not wrong, according to the Bible, Jesus was born, ate, slept, prayed and had limited knowledge. All attributes not befitting God. God has attributes of perfection whereas Man is the opposite. How can anything be two complete opposites simultaneously?
    Islam teaches that God is always perfect. The Words of Allah swt will not disappear. Everything in it will be accomplished in its entirety till the very end. We can always educate ourselves before it’s too late.
    I highly recommend you to study and have full knowledge about anything before you say it out in words. Not just about Islam, but anything. Rather than picking single sentences it’s better to study and have real knowledge about the complete context.

12. meohsohappy says:

Please don’t be offended. I am conversing with you to try to understand not cause offense.
    In the Bible it says, “study to show yourself approved”. We will not be able to find the truth if we cannot quote verses or scripture.
    If I misquoted, as you believe, then my question is, how can these verses be so contradictory? How is it possible to say in some verses, that the death of infidels is pleasing to Allah, and then in another claim peace?
    I would be willing to die for you to see the truth, but I would never consider killing you because you didn’t.
    In your response you mentioned that Jesus was a man but had “limited knowledge, all attributes not befitting God”.
    This is mistaken. The Bible is filled with scriptures revealing to us that Jesus is the manifestation of the Word of God on earth. A man without sin, a living sacrifice.
    The Bible says in John 1:1, “In the beginning was the WORD, and the Word was with God, and the word was God”,(vs 10)” He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew Him not”.
    There is nothing in the Bible that contradicts itself, anywhere. 4 thousand years of history. 40 different authors written over a 4000 year period,( one being Moses who wrote the first 5 books) and yet, there are no contradictions, anywhere, in the entire manuscript.
    I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? They were found in caves around the Dead Sea. They were written 400 BC. they were found in 1947-1952 These are ancient manuscripts written in Hebrew and Aramaic. I’ve seen them myself in England. The scrolls just confirmed what was written in the Bible. The Dead Sea Scrolls contain the books of Moses and many other prophets.
    Archeologists have also found the Isaiah scrolls, which confirm the same. Everything that was prophesied in these ancient texts has happened. It was prophesied that Jesus would be born, all the details, and it happened just as the prophets prophesied it would.
    Archeologists have also found an ancient Bible in Turkey ( found in 2000) the Bible documents the life of Jesus exactly as historical records have revealed.
    I’m not telling you things because I want to be right, I am sharing because I sincerely care. If you don’t believe anything I say, look all this up for yourself. Artifacts don’t lie.
    I watched the youtube video you suggested, and you mention Syria, and Yemen.
    Whatever you see taking place in any area of the world based on “western” actions is not being done in the name of God or the Christian beliefs. Christians do not partake in things of this world. Governments and man’s ways are corrupt they are not of God.
    If Christians were associated with government and their ways, we would have to take responsibility for abortion, the homosexual movement, gender assignment, child abuse and a host of other abominations in this world. We are told “we are in the world, not of it”. We are sheeps among wolves. But, we are called to be a light in this world bringing hope to the hopeless and offering salvation through Jesus Christ to the lost.
    The bases for Christianity is the 10 Commandments. Thou shall not kill, lie, bear false witness, steal, covet, you shall honor your mother and father, have one husband or wife, not practice incest, etc. These laws for us are different than what Muhammed taught and lived.
    The practices of Dhimma, Taqyyia, jihad, wives, children brides, etc. that are all based in Sharia Law and are directly opposite of what Jesus Christ teaches.
    As I said in the beginning, I mean no offense to you, your family, or the people of the Islamic faith. I’m simply examining the the books given to you by Muhammed.
    It is not a secret, I didn’t make any of it up, I didn’t base any of what I have written on opinion. Everything I have shared in this or the other posts are published writings of Muhammed’s revelations.
    I have a sincere desire to understand why you believe what you do.
    Muhammed said and I won’t give the verses because you asked me not to, but there are many.
    “Fight and slay the Pagans wherever you find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem; but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” Then at the end of his life he said, “I have been made victorious with terror,”
    There is a great deal of fear in the Christian community because what Muhammed said, but also what he did. The influence he carries with his followers.
    He does strike terror in the hearts and minds of those who do not worship Allah.
    Therefore many people are afraid to address the issues we have discussed here.
    To me, the eternity of each individual I come into contact with is at stake ,if I didn’t ask these hard questions, I myself will be answerable to God.
    One of us is wrong. We cannot both be right. We both acknowledge separate gods. God sent Jesus his Son, perfect and sinless. The Quran, the word of Allah, declaring that Muhammed is his messenger.
    These are polar opposites. We are commanded to “shine the light” on every word and deed not just (non christian) religions. We are told to study scripture and the life of Jesus So therefore, I am comforted knowing that the Bible tells me, “But and, if ye suffer for righteousness sake, happy are ye, and be not afraid of their terror”.
    I love Muslims immensely with the heart of God. I know I am hated for the things I ask and point out. It’s a difficult place to be, but I know you are doing the same for me in your heart.
    I really have enjoyed our time together. I bless you in every way.

13. Minnu says:

Of course I’m not offended. 🙂
    But that’s what I’ve been saying this whole time. “Governments and man’s ways are corrupt they are not of God.” I’ve been saying this in my very first comment itself.
    But the funny thing is, if a person from the Muslim community does something, then the blame is placed on Islam. But when a non-muslim does something wrong, it’s like, oh! it’s because of his inhumanity or whatsoever and it’s not in the name of god or beliefs.
    I really don’t like how it’s been debated throughout the world.
    And dear, even if you just find something on google it’s better to know how valid the sources are from which you found them. We can publish anything we want on the internet. Can’t we?
    About jihad. Like I said in my last response, jihad is not only about fighting. The meaning of jihad is ‘strive and struggle’. The term ‘holy war’ is not the meaning of jihad but it’s has been shown or assumed that way by many people. Which is very wrong. In Islam, even if we had to fight, Islam only gives the permission to fight for self defense. And not just to defend Muslims from persecution but to defend people of all faiths.
    In the verses of Qur’an it clearly explains it. I’d advice you to read the Qur’an according to the order. It helps to understand the sequence of events of our prophet’s (pbuh) life.
    There’s not even one shred of evidence where Muhammad (pbuh) deliberately attacked innocent and unarmed people that never did anything wrong to the Muslims.
    This is the verse you are talking about I guess.
    Volume 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 220
    Narrated By Abu Huraira : Allah’s Apostle said, “I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand.” Abu Huraira added: Allah’s Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).
    Terror here is the fear that Allah swt has put into the hearts of the disbelievers and not the kind of terror that you of many people assume and wants people to assume. You should have included the lady’s in the brackets as well. Or maybe as I said your sources ain’t valid at all.
    And here’s another verse.
    Surah 60:8
    Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes – from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.
    Meaning, Allah swt does not forbid you from being kind to the disbelievers who do not fight you because of the religion, such as women and weak disbelievers,
    Why didn’t you mention the fact that the Prophet (pbuh) had the ability and power to kill all the Meccans in the city if he wished, but he was so merciful that he forgave them all even though they thought he was going to kill them?
    If you believe that Muhammad (pbuh) is the author of the Quran and wanted to go around killing everyone then why didn’t Muhammad (pbuh) teach that in the Quran? Show me one shred of evidence where Muhammad deliberately attacked people that did no wrong to him.
    So, if you’d like to take a phrase out of the hadith and plaster it as proof against Islam, do your thing. It may be hard to reconcile that with explicit ayats in an unchanged holy text stating the context, but I’m sure someone can figure it out.
    If you’d like to talk about the prophet Mohammed (pbuh) and the holy Qur’an, I could talk about the Bible too huh? Fair enough?
    In the Bible, some ambiguous verses can be applied erroneously to show that Jesus is divine. But if we look at the clear direct verses of the Bible, we see again and again that Jesus is being referred to as an extraordinary human being and nothing more. The Bible contains so many verses that gives proof to my saying. For example. Mathew 26:39 “he fell with his face to the ground and prayed” if Jesus was god, why would a god fall on his and pray?
    What very clearly explained in the holy Quran is that Jesus, Prophet Isa (pbuh) in Arabic, was a prophet of God, was born to a virgin (Mary), and will return to earth before the Day of Judgment to restore justice and to defeat al-Masih ad-Dajjal (“the false messiah”).
    If this is how it’s gonna be, I can give explanations to your every assumption. In sha Allah with the knowledge I’ve. Here I’m offering nothing but logical arguments here with the knowledge I’ve from Qur’an. But it would be much better if you could study more about Islam by watching Islamic YouTube videos from very highly educated professional Muslim scholars before saying anything incorrect unknowingly or deliberately.
    May Allah (swt) guide us all on the straight path and prevent us from departing it.

14. Muhsin Nor Paizin says:

Alhamdulillah. A nice post. Normally people don’t really see this way. Thank you again.
    I am also often writing a lot about Islamic topic. If you have some time, do visit my blog and together we may learn about this topic… 😀