2018 Recap

Hey readers! This year has just flown by, hasn’t it? I can’t believe that there’s only 2 days left in 2018! 🙄

Most of the days of this year has been pretty joyful and content for me. Yeah but things have happened but nothing was unmanageable. The one thing I believe is that I’ll struggle with my entire laugh, but I do believe that life is about embracing those hard and raw things about ourselves.

So, on the positive side, I’ve started my bachelors in business administration this year, met new colleagues and also I’ve reunited with a couple of my childhood friends this year, which was a great thing. Got such great vibes from them and not to mention the stories of our primary school memories. Aaaah! How I missed being a kiddo. 😀 Also this year, I just finished reading a wonderful book called Imprisoned by a vow by Annie West. I got too busy with my studies that I’d to invest all my time in it to get my expected results this semester. Anyways my review of this book is up on my blog. My first dive happened in this year as well. Yeah you’re right. It was my first time but I’m gonna do it again sometime soon. 😃

2018 has been a great year for another reason, which is the start of my blog. I’ve started blogging recently and it’s going great so far. I’ve met some awesome, bloggers and also got to read their posts which are so inspiring. I’m loving this. 😀 2018 hasn’t been that bad after all huh?

If I could sum up the lessons I’ve learned this year, it’d be these:

• Learned a lot about looking after myself and how that affects the way I look after others and how I’m in the world.
  • Never to doubt myself or have the fear of failure.
  • Avoid negative vibes and to spend quality alone time.
  • Learnt to not to freak out about things and putting them off but to just do things. (I usually put way more energy into dreading the thing than it would actually take to just get it done. :D)
  • I’ve also learnt to surrender my life to what god has in store for me.

Mostly, I’m just happy for this time in my life. I’ve never felt more determined and intentional about the decisions I make everyday. I can literally feel the changes that have happened and you know, it really feels good. I’m so grateful for the year that has past, and all it has taught me. Alhamdhlillah. 😌

In the comments, tell me one positive thing that happened to you this year.
Wishing you all a drama free, joyful and contented year to come! Happy 2019 peeps!💕

11 thoughts on “2018 Recap

1. Crook's Eye View says:

I had a very bad wreck and lost my left arm. This is the most positive thing that happened this year. I don’t say that sardonically, it really is! It was by all means positive. The accident and loss put me back on track to real life and off the road I had taken – daily persistent drug use. Had I not had the accident and limb loss, if it had just been a scratch of an accident, I’d have been right back to where I was – on a daily chase to quell cocaine demons.

The crash woke me up to so much more of what life has to offer, or rather, what I have to offer life. I’d have never finished my novel which is now being sent to publishing agents. I’d have never finished as many paintings as I have and subsequently gotten hung in a gallery. One of my paintings will be in a local coffeehouse gallery in my town in February. I’d have never done any of this opting instead for chasing the endless sorrow.

All in all, as tough as this year has been, I see it as a life’s high point – a definite turn of events! Take care, and I hope your 2019 looks as bright as mine! 🙂

2. Autumn says:

Such a thought-provoking post, Minnu! 🌟 I can’t believe there’s only 2 days of 2018 left either, time really does fly! One positive thing that happened to me this year? I’d probably say the fact that I’ve realised sometimes, it’s OK to not be OK. In other words, when things get difficult, you are allowed to have your emotions and to be upset or whatever you are feeling. Also, I’ve learnt people can’t stop you from being this way (they should respect this too) and also that it’s perfectly normal. 😊 Lovely post, Autumn x

3. Amber says:

Wow, this has really made me think, Minnu! 💛 2018 feels like a long year, and it feels like life has really tested me. I don’t mean to be depressing, but at the start of the year my mum had cancer treatment (that is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to overcome in my life), don’t worry, she’s still alive 😊 But that was really difficult for me, but I came out the other end stronger, tougher and able to deal with more emotions better. Because sometimes, it’s okay to feel crap and want to watch TV the whole day, that’s okay! 😊 That’s what that has taught me anyway, but I think 2018 has taught me to love myself! 💛 The love my beauty, my humour and my awkwardness around boys (okay, that was hard to love, but I tried 😂). This post has really touched me 😊 Thank you, Minnu.
    Amber x

4. Minnu says:

Oh. That’s bad but as you said it turned out to be a positive thing, and I hope you are doing fine now. 🙂
    2018 turned out to be a great year for you huh? So great works of you!
    Thank you for commenting and I wish 2019 brings more positive opportunities to you!

5. Minnu says:

Yeah I can’t believe it either. 😀
    Like you said, it’s ok to not be ok. That’s right. Being true to your emotions can’t help but make you feel better about yourself.
    Thank you for the comment and may 2019 bring more happiness in your life! 🙂

6. Minnu says:

Oh girl I pray for a healthy life to your mom and I hope she’s doing fine. 🙂
    I’m glad you came out stronger and tougher, dealing with emotions can be a hard thing but it only makes you grow and be a better person.
    Haha. Awkwardness around boys? Is that so? 😀
    Thank you for the comment and I hope you have a bright 2019! ❤

7. Siri says:

This is a really thoughtful and touching post. It really connected to me on a deep level. I moved and attended a new school which is really different from my old one this year. It was all for the best. Loving the new experience. Thank you for such a thoughtful post!

8. Minnu says:

Glad you liked it. My pleasure! 😌
    Moving to new schools was something I had to experience too when I was a teenager, and it was a hard experience for me. 🤭

9. Bayance says:

Aah loved this! We learn and we move on even stronger. Super happy for your accomplished and that you came out stronger. I agree with all your lessons and have a great 2019!