I got myself nominated for the Sunshine Bloggers Awards by the very inspiring Sumayya. Make sure to visit her blog and give a read through. https://sumaiyahsuniverse.wordpress.com/
This is the first time I’ve been nominated for this award but I love getting to do these kinds of posts because it not only gives an opportunity for my readers to get to know me better but also it’s an opportunity to get involved in the blogging community.
So here is how this works.
- Thank the person who nominated you; and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers; and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on 1 of their blog posts.
- List the rules; and display the sunshine bloggers awards logo on your site or on your post.
So here’s my answers to all questions from Sumayya. 😀
1. Favorite book? Fiction or nonfiction.
The last book I read. Imprisoned by a Vow. My favorite read so far.
2. Any new year resolution? If yes what?
Wow. It’s the season of the New Year’s resolution huh? 😀 My new years resolution would be to go easy on myself. I think it’s not just me, most of us are way too hard on ourselves. I almost think New Year’s resolutions are always talking about, ‘Oh, I have to take this out of my life.’ or ‘It’d be nice if I just start doing this or that from January onward” But guess what? It’s probably not going to happen in January. Everything will happen in due time so maybe mine will be to finish reading at least one book.
3. How do you balance blogging and other passions or your job?
I’m a college student doing my bachelors in business administration and it’s my semester break and so far it’s not hard at all. But I’m thinking of using a planner to stay organized.
4. Ice cream in the winters 🍦or soup🍜?
Soup obviously. I always enjoy a warm soup during cozy winters.
5. Can you compromise your passion if it’s the need of the hour?
I can’t give guarantee to that. 😀
6. What’s the meaning of happiness for you?
Everyone has their own definition of happiness. For me I would say happiness is being grateful for the little things that light up my day.
7. What keeps you motivated and positive all the time?
To be honest I’m not motivated and positive all the time. But I like to surround myself by optimistic people which also helps me to become optimistic and happy. Also, I’d rather focus on the present moment than over thinking. We don’t have all the time in the world. So why not focus on today and do the things you really want to do? I’m sure that’ll help you keep motivated and positive in your life. 🙂
8. Your opinion about dowry?
As I know that demanding dowry is haraam in Islam. In Islam, the wife does not have to pay one single cent, but rather she has been given the right to demand and receive as a condition of marriage. But I’ve heard and read that in some countries as a ritual and custom, the wife and her family are being extorted for amounts of dowry and in some cases this system has lead to crimes against women, ranging from emotional abuse and even to deaths and also driven to suicide by continuous harassment and torture by husbands and in-laws in an effort to extort an increased dowry. And in some countries it’s still mainly a matter of pride. The more you give, the more you are respected. So, I don’t really accept this dowry system and it has nothing to do with Islam. Wow I could really go on writing about this! 😀
9. If you know it’s the last day on Earth. What will you do?
I guess I won’t be able to do anything 😀
10. If you are asked to work for a social cause. What would be your first choice?
Teaching could be one of the choices.
11. Justice delayed is justice denied. Agreed?
Justice delayed is having no justice at all. So yeah! I can agree on it.
Well, now it’s time for my nominations and questions.
The bloggers I nominate are:
- Hiba’s blogs
- Aqsa 💜
- Aleeya Azimulla
- Roxy Travels
- My rebellious world
- What does blogging mean for you?
- What are your passions in life?
- Any 2 values your blog won’t stray from?
- What kind of movies you like watching?
- What is your favorite perfume?
- What is your favorite travel destination? And why?
- Name any 3 other blogs in the blogosphere that you enjoy.
- What are the colors you like the most?
- Favorite book you read so far?
- What is the one one thing that you would like to do after having a long day?
- What do you have to say about modest fashion?
I can’t wait to read your answers to my questions and if you were not tagged even, feel free to leave your answers in the comments. ❤